E-book publisher Untreed Reads (paying market – royalties, no advances) is looking for holiday short stories, especially relating to Kwanzaa and Hanukkah.
From: Jay Hartman [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:03 PM
Subject: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Holiday Short Stories
Untreed Reads is announcing an open call for short stories for our holiday season. Please note the following:
1. The holidays we are interested in are Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah and New Year’s. We are looking for Hanukkah and Kwanzaa stories in particular.
2. Short stories may be in any genre (except religious, erotica, children’s or anything above a PG-13 romance), but must encompass one of the holidays listed above.
3. The short stories will NOT be in an anthology, but rather published as stand-alone stories. All will receive our standard short story line covers.
4. Previously published material is fine providing electronic rights have reverted to the author.
5. Stories may not be shorter than 1500 words or longer than 5000.
6. Deadline for Thanksgiving submissions is October 31, 2011. Christmas, Kwanzaa and Hanukkah is November 15th. New Year’s is November 30th. Submissions received after these dates will not be considered.
7. For this call, we can only accept works where we can be granted worldwide English rights.
8. This is an open call, and may be reposted and resubmitted everywhere.
All submissions should be sent to Jay Hartman, Editor-in-Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12pt and DOC format attachment. Submissions may NOT be submitted as either PDF or in the body of an email. Stories sent in that manner will not be considered. Please indicate the holiday in your subject line in the format: HOLIDAY: NAME OF STORY.
Once we have selected our stories for the season, all authors will be notified as to the final status of their submitted manuscript.
For any questions regarding this call, please direct them to Jay Hartman at email@example.com.
Untreed Reads Publishing