Write to the End started as an unnamed writing group that met on Tuesday nights at Barnes & Noble on Stevens Creek Boulevard.
Over the years, we’ve met at many locations, and before I forget some of them, I thought it would be nice to have a record.
Here are the places we’ve met, in more or less chronological order, and with a couple of comments to make the list more interesting to read. Please let me know if I’ve forgotten any!
- Barnes & Noble on Stevens Creek 3600 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA 95117
I loved being surrounded by books. We laughed the most about the loudspeaker call for “Daryl to Cash Wrap Two,” which always seemed to happen when someone reading their scene got to the most suspenseful part.
- Barnes & Noble in Westgate Mall 1600 Saratoga Avenue #211, San Jose, CA 95129
We met here while some pipes were being repaired at the Stevens Creek store.
- Barnes & Noble in The Pruneyard 1875 S. Bascom Avenue Ste 240, Campbell, CA 95008.
This is a Sports Basement now, but I still sense the bookstore every time I shop for running shoes.
- Starbucks 3605 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051
They have a very nice large wooden table that we’d always try to get.
- Mission City Coffee 2221 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA 95050
I miss this place. They were a center for literature and culture as well as a place for coffee and food.
- IHOP 5403 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95051
The staff was very kind. They let us meet in the event room, which was much colder than the rest of the restaurant. The cold kept us alert for writing! This restaurant moved to a new location on Miller, so we moved with them.
- IHOP 1012 Miller Ave, San Jose, CA 95129
Warmer, brand new, and still a nice place to write and eat pancakes.
- Google Meet (online)
We started meeting online in March 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Members who had moved away were able to attend again, and we got a few new members in other time zones.
- Discord (online)
Our current meeting place!
Your memories of these places are welcome in the comments.